Powered By Blogger

Friday, June 22, 2012

My First Blog - THIS IS GREAT!!

Blogging is brand-new to me - I know that seems incredible to some, but it has not ever been something I wished to join - Putting my words out into the world seems like I am writing a diary that everyone can read- and an intrusion into my head - Anyway - On my last post I neglected to reference the book that I discussed. So Here it Is:


References
Lowther, D., and Morrison, G. (2010). Integrating Technology into the Classroom: Skills for the 21st Century. Boston, MA. Pearson Education, Inc. USA


The first chapter reviews the reforms occurring in education - making the learning open-ended and student-centered. Recently I heard a description of teaching and schools that went something like " School is where the teachers chase students around and try to give them knowledge." The description went on to say that school should be where the students are chasing the knowledge and teachers help the students catch the knowledge.
More later...TV



No comments:

Post a Comment